Sunday, January 01, 2006

Rice cake soup " Duk Kuk "

 
I can't believe that today is the first day of 2006. Regardless of my intent, I have to grow older by one year. My mother prepared Duk kuk as our traditonal New year's day dish. Normally every bowl of Duk kuk means a year to your age. Duk kuk is made of rice cake called as " gare duk ". Gare means stick or bar, namely gare duk is like a long stick. We slice this long rice cake to make a soup. Soup is based on thick beef juice. We put also some spring onion,egg, beef flesh as decoration. We make also some side dishes to make along with Duk Kuk. Of course, my mother made everything during I was dreaming in my room. Today, I want to have time to examine myself and make new resolutions. Of course, I'll take care of my blog and develop it. I hope to meet many different peoples in this blog world. Happy new year to all visitors Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Nawal said...

Ah !!! Je suis bien contente de te savoir de retour, je croyais que tu arrêtais définitivement :-((
Heureusement ce n'est pas le cas puisque te voila de retour et de bien belle façon !
A très Bientôt alors et tous mes meilleurs Voeux !
Je t'embrasse Nawal.

5:31 AM  
Blogger welcome to my interesting life said...

LOVE THAT! i had some at a small restaurant in incheon last year... YUMMMMMMMMMM

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home