Thursday, October 23, 2008

Griottine from Alsace region


One day, I discovered that a small bottle of Griottine was still sleeping in a corner of frigo.I got it as a gift after finishing a training in Alstom belfort factory. However, I didn't yet open it and kept it. Frankly speaking, I didn't pay attention to a definition of Griottine. This morning, I looked up a dictionary to find a meaning of griottine.
As per dictionary, these flavoursome pitted cherries are soaked in Kirsch to make them succulent and of course somewhat alcoholic! Add to chocolate desserts or serve with ice cream and drizzle with the Kirsch. Try with pancakes and a dollop of double cream.
Yes, I've got it. I'll try to buy a pancake or simple bread to try with griottine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cristiano L. Saito said...

Hi. I've found your blog by chance and saw the reference to Alstom. Do you still work there? I'm Brazilian and living in Switzerland due to an assigment in Alstom. Except for cheese - that I don't eat - your interests and preferences are much like mine.

Cheers,
Cristiano

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home