Sunday, March 31, 2013

Flavor of the spring

It’s spring


In Korea, there are some special seasonal dishes purely for Spring. The representative menu are tansy soup with a flounder, shepherd’s purse soup, wild chive seasoned with soybean sauce and other condiments.

My daddy goes to fish wholesale market in NoRangJin near to my house for me. As I love fish and fish fits to my body against my allergy, he buys very fresh fish per season and my mother make delicious foods for me. Thank for them.

This time, he bought fresh soft shell clam for clam soup with tansy recently plucked on the mountain by herself with her friends. For me, she didn’t put red pepper powder, that Korean peoples love in general, therefore put almost always in the soup. Ours was just mild and white soup, which made us taste a real fish and a little bitter tansy.

We loved this soup, especially daddy loved that drinking with small cups of soju.

We could smell spring !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home